It’s hard to believe that 2016 is nearly over, but we’re already well into December and with the holidays at hand, the rest of the year is sure to fly by! As you look at your budget for the new year, take a little time to consider the value of investing in a home security system in 2017.
You may have considered the idea before, but decided to put it off because you weren’t sure you really needed one. Before you brush the idea aside again, consider the following sobering facts:
- In 2010, there were more than 2 million home burglaries in the United States, and over 70% of them took place in residential suburban homes, according to the FBI.
- The average dollar loss per burglary was $2,119.
Local police departments may not be patrolling your neighborhood as frequently due to the budget cuts in many police departments. How will you protect both your family and your assets? Here are just a few reasons a home security system is well worth the investment:
- It deters would-be burglars.
- It protects your family in the event of a fire.
- You’ll be eligible for a discount on your homeowner’s insurance policy.
- To help law enforcement, the fire department and ambulances respond to an emergency faster.
Just make sure you keep your alarm on — even when you’re home. Many break-ins or so-called “home invasions” happen while residents are at home. Plus, emergencies like fires often happen while you and your family sleep.
A growing number of families are coming to the conclusion that you can’t put a price on the safety of your family. Make 2017 the year you take action to help ensure your family and your possessions are safe.
Contact us today for more information on a home security system for your home in the Greenville, South Carolina area.