Here at ProTec Security Systems, we appreciate our servicemen, servicewomen, and our local first-responders. That’s why we’re launching a new discount program for military personnel and first responders. We know how important it is that your family is protected while you’re working to make Greenville and its surrounding areas safe. We’re proud to be on duty for you!
First Responders Sleep Better at Night Knowing Your Home is Protected
Political upheavals and civil unrest have been all over the news lately. But Greenville’s first responders don’t need to be uneasy leaving home for a night shift. ProTec’s monitored home security systems have always been an affordable choice, but to show our support, we’re offering a 10% discount for all first responders and military service personnel.
Who Qualifies for a Discount on Home Security?
All local first responders, plus enlisted and retired military service members!
- County Sheriff’s deputies
- Area firefighters
- All Ambulance crews and EMTs
- Enlisted and retired members of our military
Our team is ready to support you and be part of Greenville’s proud history.
Greenville’s History of Service: Donaldson AFB
Per the South Carolina Encyclopedia, the US Army Air Force leased 2,000 acres of land from Greenville to construct the Greenville Army Air Base during WWII.
- Just six miles south of Greenville, the base cost roughly $7.5 million to develop.
- It was deactivated at the end of WWII but was reconstituted in 1946.
- Later designated Military Air Transport Command, its aircraft flew worldwide with supplies and troops in emergencies.
- During its peak in the 1950s, 2,200 people were stationed there.
- In 1951 the facility was named in honor of Major John O. Donaldson of Greenville.
The Air Force deactivated Donaldson in 1961. The land was returned to Greenville and soon became the Greenville Municipal Airport and an industrial park.
Greenville has a proud history of service, and we’re happy to continue the tradition. If you live in Greenville or the surrounding area, just contact us for an estimate, and show us your military ID or badge to get the discount. We’d love to hear from you.